Thursday, February 17, 2011

Seasons of Love

Valentines day…you either LOVE it or you HATE it….

For me, I have mixed memories and feelings towards this holiday, some have been good, and others have been really hard for me. This year however changed my feelings towards this holiday. It had been a few years since I had someone to share this holiday with….my past valentines have consisted of my mom and grandmother….(which don’t get me wrong they were amazing valentines!) But this year I had Brody, and together we were able to rediscover the excitement and enjoyment of this unique holiday.

Being in a relationship after so long has been an interesting adventure for me. It, in a weird way, has helped me to rediscover the person that I really am deep down inside. It has not only helped me to let the guard down that I have had up for so long, but has also helped me to find joy in serving someone else….feeling like it is a worthwhile effort. This relationship in general has been a HUGE growing process for me but a lot of my progress was brought to my attention on Valentines Day.

So to start off…I just want to say that this was the first valentines day in which I have had a guy willingly do so much for me. In the past, unfortunately, my experiences with valentines day have been me being way too eager to do things for someone in my life…and well…lets just say it seemed like it was like pulling teeth for them to do the same for me. But this time was way different. In fact I felt like I didn’t do enough.



For Brody, I got up early and made him a Valentines Day breakfast: cinnamon roles (which I was quite proud of myself for), grilled ham steaks, and his favorite (scrambled eggs). For a gift I got him a super soft bathrobe, which he has been wanting for a while.








After that Brody booted me off to class (which btw…why do we have school on valentines day…we need to do something about this) while he did his thing. On a side note I just need to mention that while I was in my religion class, the girl saying the opening prayer preceded to thank God for “singles awareness day”….and she was dead serious. Don’t worry, my professor started busting up laughing in the middle of the prayer….BYU is strange.



Once I was done with class Brody surprised me with a TON of flowers and chocolate covered strawberries that looked like they were on steroids….AND chocolate covered cinnamon bears….which are THE BEST things in the whole world…(and one of my biggest weaknesses). Funny…the day before Valentines Day I told Brody “don’t get me anything fattening or unhealthy for valentines day”….but its ok I love him anyway!

After that we drove up to sandy to wish our mom’s a happy v-day and then we went out to eat at the Country Club with my parents. Food was delicious…company was even better. Mom’s and Grandmas sent us home with more treats and gifts….I still think I have a sugar induced coma and its three days later….







mmm best things in the WHOLE WORLD...

1 comment:

  1. you guys are so cute nikki! so glad you had a great valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete