Brody turned 23 on January 25th and I have officially lost my privileged to tease him about being older than him…at least until I turn 24 in September.
For his birthday we started the day off by making yummy French toast (Brody’s favorite) and then unfortunately we had to spend the rest of the day at school.
But I was sneaky and while Brody was in class I came and decorated his room (which was no easy task all by myself) and it took me a lot longer than I expected.
In adition I bought him some new Oakley ski goggles, took him to Tacanos for dinner (and watched him eat way more than I thought physically possible) then bought him a massage. So even though it was a long day of school it was still a fun day!
Also, since he was turning 23 I made him a card telling him 23 reasons why I love him…here they are (a lot of them are inside jokes so don’t feel bad if you don’t get it).
1. Because every little spoon needs her big spoon
2. Because he is the "pancake man…"
3. Because he went against his better judgment and made the first move on me
4. Because he makes me walk faster
5. Because he will put up with Tony Horton with me
6. Because he will sit through a brad paisley concert with me…even though he didnt know a single song
7. Because he taught me how to rock out to TSO with him
8. Because he loves the Eagles almost as much as I do
9. Because he doesn't care when I have bad breath or when I’m sporting my “bald spot” look
10. Because he loves me just the same when I am in basketball shorts and not wearing any makeup
11. Because he will let me wrap him in spider web and take him in public
12. Because even though it may appear that I very well may be his “unlucky charm,” especially when it comes to gambling…he will never admit it…
13. Because he not only takes me fishing, but he let me take credit for catching the fish, even when it’s on his pole
14. Because he will dress up like Lady Gaga for me
15. Because even though he hates being on campus, and has way to many of his own classes to go to, he will still go sit through my classes with me
16. Because he always know when something is wrong, and he is always able to cheer me up
17. Because he propose to me in the middle of the ocean!
18. Because he will always drive just because he knows I don’t want to
19. Because he loves me even though I spill everything I try to eat
20. Because he makes me take better care of my stuff
21. Because he treats me like a princess
22. Because when I look at him I can tell he really cares about me
23. Because every day I have more confirmations that we are supposed to spend forever together
Then the next day we went to the Jazz Spurs Game... It seemed like a good choice a few months ago when the Jazz were actually good...
Before the game, we went to dinner at Flemmings (don't worry they have stuff for vegetarians) and it was delicious. After we headed over to the game (which surprisingly was quite close). The Jazz couldnt get over the hump the whole game and sadly lost it, but it was a good game. My favorite part was teasing the spurs fans sitting next to us...we made some jazz fan friends and ganged up on them.