Friday, May 3, 2013

A Letter From Mommy



My Dearest Cashton,

 


 I’m writing this letter to you because in a few short days you will no longer be my baby. Well, technically, you will ALWAYS be my baby, (and I will always have the right to call you that) but shortly you will become a big brother and you will no longer be my only baby.


I just wanted to tell you how much you have changed my life. You light up each and every one of my days. You are growing so fast and getting so smart each and every day. You are the sweetest baby I have ever met, and I'm not saying that because I am your mother. You are so trusting of everyone, so friendly, kind, playful, handsome, smart, adorable, and amazing.  I have loved being your mommy and love watching you grow…. although I wish you wouldn’t grow so fast.


 Some of my favorite things about you are the cuddles that you give mommy each morning and night. You love to snuggle right up next to mommy.  I also love your little babbles. You say “gol gee” all the time and it is so cute. You also know words like kitty “kee” and boo woo “boo.” You know where your toes are and will point when I ask you to show me.  You love it outside and constantly bring me your shoes so we can go play. You point out the window and say “day” and sometimes get upset if we can’t go outside. You also love shoes; you will put my boots on your hands and walk around the apartment wearing them. You are a silly boy. You are just learning to dance when mommy plays music to you, which is really cute. Also you love to make messes, but you often put everything “away” after…. sometimes we find things in really funny places. The other day I was packing up my hospital bag for when the baby comes and inside it I found a spatula, a can of chicken, and one of your toys. It made me smile!

You love food! A few of your favorite things are cheese, scrambled eggs, bananas, peanut butter, and pasta of any kind! Mommy has to sneak some veggies into your food though because you need to grow up big and strong.  You also have two different “voices” as we like to call it. You have your “Brody voice” where you are very loud and like to yell, and then you have your “Nikki voice” where you whisper and are very quite. We never know which one we are going to get.


 Another one of my favorite things is how lately you come up to my belly and kiss and hug the “baby.” You will be such a good big brother. You will be such a good example to your siblings and will always look after them. I know that right now you don’t know what is coming, and you don’t know how different things will be. Mommy worries that it will be a hard adjustment for you because I wont be able to give you all of my attention. I hope you will always feel how much mommy loves you. You will always hold a very special place in my heart that nobody else will be able to fill. I love you more than words can say and have loved the special time we have been able to spend together over the last 16 months.  We have a few more days of time together, just the two of us, and I will make the most of every second. We will go outside as many times a day as you want, we can go to the park and swing and go down the slides. Ill read as many books as you want! We can snuggle all day and night. Ill let you make messes and ill help you make them. Ill even give you a little extra peanut butter if you want it.

I love you peanut, love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment